Central Synagogue is a kehillah kedoshah—a holy community—offering a wide range of opportunities for involvement at all stages of life. From daily morning worship, to Jewish study programming and stimulating evening lectures, to social justice opportunities and so much more, there is a place for you in our community. Welcome.
We are privileged to be made up of committed, involved, and passionate membership, and the strength of our community relies on our members’ ongoing participation. Through membership to Central Synagogue, congregants demonstrate their commitment to our community, to the future of Reform Judaism, and to progressive Jewish values in the world.
Central Synagogue is an inclusive and welcoming community. We encourage participation from all who seek a connection to Jewish life and want to be part of our sacred community regardless of religious background, race, ethnicity, gender, ability, socioeconomic status, political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We are committed to being an open tent, a place that welcomes all people, including those who have been historically and institutionally marginalized or excluded from the Jewish community. Learn more about our vision at our About Us page.
Join Central Synagogue
In order to best meet the needs of our community, we limit our membership to 2,600 households. To have your name added to our waiting list, please contact us here. We will contact you as space becomes available. We are typically able to extend an invitation to join within 18–24 months.
Central Synagogue does not currently offer a membership category for our livestreaming community. Instead, we would invite you to learn more about the Neighborhood, an online community for those wishing to engage in meaningful conversations and Jewish learning.
Benefits of Membership
The goal of the Central Synagogue community is to facilitate the creation of relationships with each other, with our Clergy, and with Judaism. Members opportunities include:
High Holy Days
- Membership dues include tickets for your household (one or two adults and children under 26) to attend our High Holiday member services, which are held in our Main Sanctuary and Radio City Music Hall.
- Purchase up to two guest tickets per household for family or friends to attend services with you.
- Attend High Holiday services at other synagogues in the United States or abroad via reciprocity.
Pastoral Care & Life Cycles
- Meet with our Clergy for pastoral care
- Hold life cycle events such as weddings and funerals in our Sanctuary.
- Rent our spaces for other purposes such as brises, meetings, and parties.
- Secure a place in Central’s section at Rose Hills Memorial Park cemetery.
Raising Jewish Children
- Enroll your children in our Nursery School, with eligibility for early notification admissions.
- Enroll your children in our Lese Center for Living Judaism Religious School (after-school Pre-K–12 program).
- Have your children become bat/bar/b’nei mitzvah. at Central
Programs, Trips, and Events
- Receive our members-only communications such as our Central Weekly email newsletter and notes from our Clergy.
- Travel with us on trips to Israel and other Jewish communities around the world.
- Attend members-only events such as our Congregational Seder and Sukkot on the Farm.
- Join one of our many small groups with members who share your interests, passions, and life experiences, such as our member-led CORE groups, 20s and 30s, CenSyngles for those 50 years and up, Chai Connections for those 70 years and up, or our LGBTQ or Jews of Color groups.
Annual Membership Dues 2022–23
One-Parent Family Membership
Two-Parent Family Membership
Family membership includes High Holy Days tickets for all children ages 3–26 and eligibility for LCLJ and May Family Nursery School enrollment. Tuition to our LCLJ Religious School can be found here.
There is an automatic 50% reduction of dues for households with a member under 30 years old. If you fall in this category and don’t see it reflected on your dues statement, please let us know.
Central Synagogue does not currently offer a membership category for our livestreaming community. Instead, we would invite you to learn more about the Neighborhood, an online community for friends of our congregation.
Assistant Executive Director
(212) 838-5122 x2003
Assistant Director of Membership
(212) 838-5122 x2006
(212) 838-5122 x3007