Annual Congregational Meeting
Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Virtual: Zoom & Livestreaming
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING
This year’s meeting will be held virtually. All congregants are encouraged to attend via zoom or to watch the livestream. In accordance with Article V, Section 3(b) of the By Laws, we will vote to elect new officers and trustees and we will hear from our President, Treasurer, and Senior Rabbi.
—Jill Seigerman, Secretary
We strongly encourage you to cast your vote online via proxy, whether or not you are able to join the meeting. Please note, members who have opted to receive communications via the United States Postal Service, will receive a paper proxy that they can complete and return to us.
Note that only primary members and their spouses or partners may vote; non-member spouses, adult children, or other dependents in your family are not eligible.
- Nominating Committee Report: Past President and Chair of the Nominating Committee, Jeremy Fielding
- Finance Report: Board Treasurer Jon May
- President’s Report: Shonni Silverberg
- Senior Rabbi’s Remarks: Rabbi Angela Buchdahl
Report of the Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee is tasked with providing, by March 31, a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for first-term trustees as well as re-nominating trustees completing their first and second terms. Additionally, the Committee nominates first-term officers and re-nominates continuing officers.
Trustees are eligible for three three-year terms and officers are eligible for four one-year terms. President is eligible for three one-year terms.
Here is this year’s slate (All biographies not linked below can be found on Central's Board of Trustees page):
(1) The election of the following Trustees as Officers of Central Synagogue for a one-year term:
Shonni Silverberg, President
Jonathan Crystal, Vice President
Amy Glickman, Vice President
Sara Moss, Vice President
Susie Stern, Vice President
David Tanner, Treasurer
Jill Seigerman, Secretary
(2) The election of the following as Trustees of Central Synagogue for their first three-year term:
(3) The re-election of the following as Trustees of Central Synagogue for a three-year term:
Stephen B. Siegel
Submitted April 2023: Jeremy Fielding (chair) with committee members Jeffrey Goldstein, Mari Hinojosa, Loretta Kendle, Abby Levy, Richard Markowitz, Beth Rustin, and Fred Yerman.
If you are unable to join via Zoom, you may watch the livestream on our website.